Dorothy Salter Library
The Dorothy Salter Library supports the mission of Salter College and the specific needs of this unique community. Salter students are introduced to an academic library in a small supportive setting. The library is a gateway to the many large academic libraries in the surrounding area and teaches skills that support academic research and life long learning. The library focus is on instruction and providing access to quality learning resources and services.
The library offers reference books, periodicals and circulating collection designed to support the programs offered at Salter College.
Students must present their Salter ID and fill out a library privileges card to borrow library materials. Reference books and periodicals may be used in the Library. Circulating books may be checked out for two weeks and renewed once.
The Dorothy Salter library through membership in the Central Massachusetts Regional Library System (CRRLS) is able to offer inter-library loans privileges with the majority of public and academic libraries in the region.
Professional Library Staff is available to assist you in research.
Searchpath. WMU Library Tutorial
Link to Searchpath WMU Library Tutorial
Internet Resource Guide for Business
Resources for English and Grammar
Online Psychology Guides
Resource Guide for Nutrition
Resource Guide for Medical Insurance Billing
Resource Guide for Anatomy & Physiology
United States History-Internet Resources
Search our Catalog @ MassCat.org
Link to MassCat
- The Library is a place for quiet study and research.
- Sign in when using the library; usage statistics are important to the growth of the library.
- No Food is allowed in the library
- You may bring covered or bottled beverages into the library.
- Cell phones must be set to vibrate in the Library. If you receive a call, step outside the library to answer.
- Students may borrow up to three books at a time from the circulating collection for two weeks. Students may renew books for an additional two weeks.
- Items from the Reference collections cannot be checked out. Reference materials may be signed out for a maximum of 30 minutes to make copies.
- If there is something that you are looking for and cannot find, please ask the library staff. We are here to help you succeed at Salter College
- The Library supports research and subscribes to the intellectual freedom guidelines of the American Library Association.
Visit the Salter College Blog: http://blog.saltercollege.com/